Saturday, October 21, 2006
Book Reviews - My Clever Title

Happy Saturday! Let me start off saying I admire those who can come up with catchy titles to snare you right off the bat and have your sticking around their site for a bit. However, as you can see by my title here, I am sorely lacking in that skill. Forgive me.

Ok, I discovered a writer didn't know about. I'm sure millions have heard of her. Since I'm still green behind the ears and wet around the gills (haha I did that on purpose), I didn't know Tara existed.

But the point is, Tara does reviews. And she says many others are starting review blogs also. So I'm wondering why would be authors do it? Ok, the obvious reason is to get to read more books, but how does it help one's own career other than make other authors think you're the most special person on the plant, which I now feel about Tara. (Ok, I really hope she likes my books.)

If you have the foggiest notion of why an author would do it other than the obvious or you are an author reviewer with your own review site, please comment and let me know. I'm terribly curious.

Oh yes, Tara's review site is here: Tara M. Leigh Reviews
posted @ 8:20 AM  
3 Comments:
  • At 7:34 AM, Blogger Tara M. Leigh said…

    Hi AJ

    Hehehe, see different authors circles!

    The reason I'm doing a review site? I belonged to TwoLips, and while I review for them from time to time, I wasn't able to focus on my writing.

    I figured if I started my own review blog, I can determine how much I can take on and etc...also, I want to get my name out there!!

    I, too, am fairly new at this. Not writing, but networking!

    With Love,
    Tara M.

     
  • At 1:12 PM, Blogger Shelli Stevens said…

    I've done some reviews for Romance Divas, and it does take a long time. But you have to be careful, maybe do it under an alias, because if you publish under the same name and have given someone a bad review... well it can make you a target :)

     
  • At 2:52 PM, Blogger AJ Cove said…

    Yikes, thanks for the warning Shelli. I didn't think of that. Makes good sense.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 





Name: A. J. Cove
Location: Maryland, United States

I'm older than I want to be. I've loved reading since I was four years old when...


View my complete profile


  • AJ Cove's Myspace
  • AJ Cove's Website
  • Amira Press
  • Cobblestone Press
  • Romance Divas






  • Cora Zane
  • Emma's Ramblings
  • The Gab Wagon
  • MG Braden
  • Midnight Moon Cafe
  • Shelli Stevens
  • Tara M. Leigh
  • Found a new blog called Craft Related Crap! Bec is...
  • To Plot or Not to Plot...So, I'm about to map out...
  • Do you believe in magic?I did it! I just finished...
  • Now that it's getting colder in Baltimore, I miss ...
  • I'm so excited! Cobblestone Press accepted my new...
  • Good morning everyone,Today I'm a little down. I'...
  • Hello everyone,I took some time off work and did A...
  • I haven't learned where to add links to the side o...
  • Shift for Hire seems to be my most popular book. A...
  • Hello,Welcome to my blog. I am A. J. Cove, author ...


  • Jodici Designs
    Jodici Designs

     
     
    Hit Counter
    Get a Hit Counter