Tuesday, October 24, 2006
What's Your Poison?

Am I wrong or is that how a person asks what you like to drink? In this case, I want to know what do you like to see or rather read in a blog. What do you like and don't like when visiting another person's blog?

For myself, I enjoy reading funny tales of a person's life. I'm nosy that way. Can't help myself. I love to laugh and I get a special kick out of reading a clever title and sassy little quips about this and that from the really gifted and talented folks out there in cyber land.

For my dislikes, please excuse me, but I don't like an announcement only type blog. I want to feel I'm chatting with the blog author. When we don't share and socialize, it distances us from our audience. That doesn't mean no announcements should be made, but I believe there should be more shooting the breeze. Just my thoughts.

So what do you prefer to read in another's blog? I'll add a small list below, but feel free to add anything you like in your comments.

I Like
1. To read about the family (DH, babies, etc.)
2. To read about challenges and struggles
3. Crazy things you did in your day that you can only share with your cyber family
4. Sassy humor
5. Writing and publishing tips
6. Games, challenges, riddles, contests
7. Something unique
8. Your thoughts

So please don't be shy, let me know what you like and don't like about blogs you've stumbled upon. And I hope you won't say you hate posts that ask you what you like and don't like! :)

AJ
posted @ 4:34 PM  
3 Comments:
  • At 3:46 AM, Blogger Nadia said…

    Something funny or informative...even politics!

     
  • At 8:00 AM, Blogger Tara M. Leigh said…

    Things that get us involved. Like a funny story then the blogger asks what the reader would do in a similar situation.

    You pretty much covered everything though.

    With Love,
    Tara M.

     
  • At 10:55 AM, Blogger Karen Erickson said…

    All of the above. Your list nails it on the head. I try to have a nice mix on my blog cos I like to read a nice mix as well.

    :)

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 





Name: A. J. Cove
Location: Maryland, United States

I'm older than I want to be. I've loved reading since I was four years old when...


View my complete profile


  • AJ Cove's Myspace
  • AJ Cove's Website
  • Amira Press
  • Cobblestone Press
  • Romance Divas






  • Cora Zane
  • Emma's Ramblings
  • The Gab Wagon
  • MG Braden
  • Midnight Moon Cafe
  • Shelli Stevens
  • Tara M. Leigh
  • Stone Guardian Received 4.5 Orgasms!Oh mama! I got...
  • Book Reviews - My Clever TitleHappy Saturday! Let ...
  • Found a new blog called Craft Related Crap! Bec is...
  • To Plot or Not to Plot...So, I'm about to map out...
  • Do you believe in magic?I did it! I just finished...
  • Now that it's getting colder in Baltimore, I miss ...
  • I'm so excited! Cobblestone Press accepted my new...
  • Good morning everyone,Today I'm a little down. I'...
  • Hello everyone,I took some time off work and did A...
  • I haven't learned where to add links to the side o...


  • Jodici Designs
    Jodici Designs

     
     
    Hit Counter
    Get a Hit Counter