Monday, December 11, 2006
Chess Club, My Space and Fellow Divas

I have so much to blog on but so little time, so I apologize to those who would object, but I've got to put it all into one big happy post. Let's see.

Well, I finally created a myspace page and I fell in love. I don't know why but my blogspot makes me feel all alone in the world (lonely). Ok, it doesn't take much since I go to bed alone at night in my queen-sized bed. But on myspace, I feel like tons of people are right there near me, waiting for me to drop over on their page or comment on their blog. Anything. I can do the same thing on blogspot, but it feels different. Ok, I'm weird. I accept it.

So, I blogged a bit about my son's chess tounament this weekend. It was his first time, and I was bucking against having to sit in on the boring thing for four hours. Turns out it wasn't boring at all. At one point, I was even biting my nails and peeking through my fingers at every move my son made. I saw that he was better than the last opponent he went up against, but he was tired and hungry. He wasn't playing his best.

His school came in third place and two kids in his club won a trophy. He was discouraged about playing again in February and I found myself encouraging him that we'd be better prepared, etc. Now, he thinks he'll try again and I just hope my fingernails can stand the strain. :)

Next,
I just finished Crystal Jordan's ebook, Wereplanets: Ice. It was really...and I mean really...hot! I was crazy enough to be reading it at work! (Plug for buying ebooks--you can look busy while goofing off.) I was getting so worked up, but I just had to keep going. Whew! So I'm looking for more books by Crystal. She's so good! Thanks for the great read, Crystal.

Finally,
I'd like to blog on Sweet Surrender by Pamela Marshall

Having narrowly escaped her abusive husband, Rachel Mackenzie finds herself alone and pregnant with only the clothes on her back. She takes up refuge in a shelter for domestically abused women, but is unhappy. Learning of a job caring for a mildly autistic teenager, Rachel leaps at the chance for independence.

Wealthy and handsome Matthew Steele has secrets of his own. He spent four years in a boy's home following a family tragedy and his past has left him emotionally distant, except around his sister, Kendra.

When Rachel and Matthew meet, neither can deny the instant attraction — it sends them both reeling. However, Matthew warns Rachel not to think of him as more than an employer, if she wants the job and she agrees. The handsome young man with the stammer and off-putting demeanor may intrigue her, but she only wants his friendship.

Events occur that challenge their resolve and force them to grow close. Is Rachel's husband really out of her life? Will Matthew be able to resolve his past and surrender his heart? Can Rachel learn to trust Matthew in spite of her abusive past and his indecision? Neither feels they deserve love; see if they can find it with A Sweet Surrender.

COMING JANUARY 2007!Linden Bay Romance http://www.lindenbayromance.com
Pamela Marshall http://users.solarus.biz/~pammarshall/surrenderexcerpt.html

-AJ
posted @ 6:54 PM  
3 Comments:
  • At 10:32 AM, Blogger Tara M. Leigh said…

    LOL I prefer blogger over My Space!My Space seems so complicated!

    With Love,
    Tara m.

     
  • At 12:34 AM, Blogger Crystal Jordan said…

    Wow, AJ! I'm really flattered. And a bit scared that you read the stuff at work. Go you!

     
  • At 7:08 AM, Blogger AJ Cove said…

    Haha. I'm innocent. I was not reading at work. :p Shh.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 





Name: A. J. Cove
Location: Maryland, United States

I'm older than I want to be. I've loved reading since I was four years old when...


View my complete profile


  • AJ Cove's Myspace
  • AJ Cove's Website
  • Amira Press
  • Cobblestone Press
  • Romance Divas






  • Cora Zane
  • Emma's Ramblings
  • The Gab Wagon
  • MG Braden
  • Midnight Moon Cafe
  • Shelli Stevens
  • Tara M. Leigh
  • Yummy!This is Liu Kang of Mortal Kombat. His real...
  • Stone Guardian Strikes Again!Wow, I'm on a roll! S...
  • CONGRATULATIONS!!!I want to say thank you and cong...
  • Back Pain and WritingI've been at home suffering f...
  • HOORAY! I'VE BEEN REVIEWED!CoffeeTime Romance gave...
  • She's Got Legs, What About Me?I just finished read...
  • Do you believe in Santa Claus?Neither does Jenna P...
  • Me And My ShadowOk, I admit it, I just typed in th...
  • InterviewToday I am interviewing Princess Doshi La...
  • I'm Dancing As Fast As I Can!Ok, so here's the tin...


  • Jodici Designs
    Jodici Designs

     
     
    Hit Counter
    Get a Hit Counter