Friday, October 27, 2006

It's 5:26 am and I haven't a Thing to Say

I didn't want to let too much time go by without posting something, but my mind's blank. I'm tired, but can't sleep. Ugh. It might have something to do with the fact that yesterday I got my first edit of my novella Invisible Rose from my Cobblestone Press editor. Those girls are THOROUGH! Boy, do I feel overwhelmed with all I need to do to get my writing in tip top shape, and a little down too.

I start to feel like I can't do it. Though I've written tons, I feel like the well might run dry any second and I won't be able to create anything interesting again. But I stuff down those feelings and I shuffle forward. At least I try.

Well at least it's Friday. Does anyone else ever feel daunted by all the editing?
posted @ 5:33 AM  
5 Comments:
  • At 7:21 AM, Blogger Tara M. Leigh said…

    OhhhhhI hate editing!!! LOL But, that's not my fear, my fear is that I will never think of another thing to write about. Or, that I write one great novel and everything else sucks! LOL

    Happy Friday!

    With Love,
    Tara M.

     
  • At 8:22 AM, Blogger AJ Cove said…

    Tara,
    Yes, that's always present. Or what if I never write that great novel? Ahhh! :(

     
  • At 12:02 PM, Blogger Karen Erickson said…

    Editing is tough but think of it as a lesson in writing. Because really after going through the edits, the next thing you write will be that much tighter. Trust me.

    :)

    So stop beating yourself up. :D

     
  • At 4:38 PM, Blogger AJ Cove said…

    Karen,
    Thanks. I made tons of leeway today, so I'm getting hopeful. I'm sure you're right. I will keep on the lookout for weaknesses and do my best to improve.

     
  • At 4:40 PM, Blogger AJ Cove said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 





Name: A. J. Cove
Location: Maryland, United States

I'm older than I want to be. I've loved reading since I was four years old when...


View my complete profile


  • AJ Cove's Myspace
  • AJ Cove's Website
  • Amira Press
  • Cobblestone Press
  • Romance Divas






  • Cora Zane
  • Emma's Ramblings
  • The Gab Wagon
  • MG Braden
  • Midnight Moon Cafe
  • Shelli Stevens
  • Tara M. Leigh
  • What's Your Poison?Am I wrong or is that how a per...
  • Stone Guardian Received 4.5 Orgasms!Oh mama! I got...
  • Book Reviews - My Clever TitleHappy Saturday! Let ...
  • Found a new blog called Craft Related Crap! Bec is...
  • To Plot or Not to Plot...So, I'm about to map out...
  • Do you believe in magic?I did it! I just finished...
  • Now that it's getting colder in Baltimore, I miss ...
  • I'm so excited! Cobblestone Press accepted my new...
  • Good morning everyone,Today I'm a little down. I'...
  • Hello everyone,I took some time off work and did A...


  • Jodici Designs
    Jodici Designs

     
     
    Hit Counter
    Get a Hit Counter