Wednesday, December 20, 2006
Happy Wednesday, Somewhat

Ok, we're halfway through the week and yesterday the VP of HR told us we get off half a day on Friday. Yayy! Great news moving through this impossible week before Christmas break. I hope everyone has the good fortune to be off at least one extra day for the holidays.

So here I sit biting my nails because of my first family dinner in my house. I was able to finagle getting my mother to cook the turkey instead of me. I'm footing the bill though. :) And I've made a list for everyone to bring something. Of course, now my sister informs me that for everything that's not on the list, I have to supply it. What the? Now I have to supply the drinks, the paper goods, the rolls and whatever else that's missing. Like I was taking notes when everyone else coordinating these things? Ok, the truth's out. I'm not a hostess either, along with the not liking to cook. Ah well.

I'm also contemplating the subject of my free V-day story. What to write, what to write. I have no idea. I've never written one. Nothing is coming to mind. I want to stay with my fav genres though. Even when I think of writing a contemporary or something, my mind starts veering off to giving the guy or girl powers of some sort or making imaginary creatures. I'm incureable on that head.

Ah well, any ideas?
posted @ 6:33 AM  
7 Comments:
  • At 8:29 AM, Blogger Zinnia said…

    Turkey sounds good, but I hate baking them, lol.

    I saw your book cover on Amira Press last night. I've been thinking of submitting some material to them, but I'm not sure. How's your experience been with them, if you don't mind me asking.

     
  • At 3:14 PM, Blogger Emmy Ellis said…

    Just write whatever comes out! Best way!

    :o)

     
  • At 7:17 PM, Blogger Yvette Lynn said…

    This comment has been removed by the author.

     
  • At 7:19 PM, Blogger AJ Cove said…

    Zinnia, Amira Press is still fresh and new. They decided to reopen in Feb, so no sales currently, but the ladies are very nice and the buzz is very good on the net. I think they're nice and the talent for covers is there. They have a variety and they let you choose the type as in whether you want something with photos or the 3D thing. I think they've been up front and honest. I'm satisfied and hope for great things when they open. Course I know I have my part to play in my success too.

     
  • At 7:20 PM, Blogger AJ Cove said…

    Hi M.E.,
    Thanks, I probably will end up doing that. I never plot out anything. Well almost never. Sometimes I actually write the synopsis before I write the book. :) Thanks for commenting.

     
  • At 4:28 PM, Blogger Cora Zane said…

    Just dropping in to wish you happy holidays, AJ! ^_^

     
  • At 9:41 PM, Blogger Tempest Knight said…

    Have a Happy Yuletide!

    Are you working on the free V-day story for Romance Divas too? Like you, I'm clueless on what to write. *lol* Hope Santa brings me some ideas. *winks*

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 





Name: A. J. Cove
Location: Maryland, United States

I'm older than I want to be. I've loved reading since I was four years old when...


View my complete profile


  • AJ Cove's Myspace
  • AJ Cove's Website
  • Amira Press
  • Cobblestone Press
  • Romance Divas






  • Cora Zane
  • Emma's Ramblings
  • The Gab Wagon
  • MG Braden
  • Midnight Moon Cafe
  • Shelli Stevens
  • Tara M. Leigh
  • Pancakes and MenSo last night I went to my sister'...
  • SubplotsWhat do to, what to do? So I'm reading th...
  • Chess Club, My Space and Fellow DivasI have so muc...
  • Yummy!This is Liu Kang of Mortal Kombat. His real...
  • Stone Guardian Strikes Again!Wow, I'm on a roll! S...
  • CONGRATULATIONS!!!I want to say thank you and cong...
  • Back Pain and WritingI've been at home suffering f...
  • HOORAY! I'VE BEEN REVIEWED!CoffeeTime Romance gave...
  • She's Got Legs, What About Me?I just finished read...
  • Do you believe in Santa Claus?Neither does Jenna P...


  • Jodici Designs
    Jodici Designs

     
     
    Hit Counter
    Get a Hit Counter