Monday, October 15, 2007
WHERE ARE THE PARENTS?

When I write, I tend to not like the parents of the hero and/or heroine to be around. Is there something psychologically significant there? But I fall into a rut like the parents were killed years ago in a car accident or something. I don't know, I just don't like spending a lot of time on what happened to the parents. I just want them gone! Hahah.

But in my current work, I've made my heroine's mother run off when he's three because the grandfather lost all his money and can no longer support them the way she likes. The hero never knew his father, so he's out of the pictures. The heroine is estranged from her father, even hates him, and her mother is off in Paris enjoying the high life.

So what's the deal with that? Why do I do it? Feel free to psychoanalyze me. Haha.
posted @ 4:49 PM  
1 Comments:
  • At 9:33 PM, Blogger Nancy Henderson said…

    My family picks on my because all my books have one thing in common: the hero's family is totally nuts! I don't know why. My dad takes it as an insult on his side of the family. Ha!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 





Name: A. J. Cove
Location: Maryland, United States

I'm older than I want to be. I've loved reading since I was four years old when...


View my complete profile


  • AJ Cove's Myspace
  • AJ Cove's Website
  • Amira Press
  • Cobblestone Press
  • Romance Divas






  • Cora Zane
  • Emma's Ramblings
  • The Gab Wagon
  • MG Braden
  • Midnight Moon Cafe
  • Shelli Stevens
  • Tara M. Leigh
  • It's Coming! Yes! It's my third book in my shift s...
  • I Can't Believe It!So all the authors were chattin...
  • Check it Out! Here is my newest book in the Shift ...
  • Your FantasiesDo you ever fantasize about writing ...
  • I'm On Cloud Nine!I just woke up to the news that ...
  • I'm Getting Excited!On the way home from work toda...
  • Ugly Betty!Well I was watching Ugly Betty tonight....
  • I've Been Reviewed!My novella, The Invisible Rose,...
  • Why Is it So Hard?I don't get it. I blog hop arou...
  • Timeline Confusion: Lost in SpaceSo have you ever ...


  • Jodici Designs
    Jodici Designs

     
     
    Hit Counter
    Get a Hit Counter